Your Holiday Insurance, Our Expertise.


Work Abroad

How To Find Paid Work Abroad

Live the Dream & Get Paid To Travel

How To Find Paid Work Abroad

Live the Dream & Get Paid To Travel

Finding temporary work whilst you travel is a doddle with many organisations specialising in just that. Whilst helping you figure out what’s actually available to you, for a fee they also help with things like working visas, bank accounts and accommodation. The price of this service can vary depending on the organisation, what you want to do and where you want to go. Below is a list of our recommendations.

Good all rounders

BUNAC (, the work and volunteer abroad experts offer a range of exciting work abroad and volunteer abroad programmes in New Zealand, Canada and Australia, paid summer camp work in the USA and volunteer placements in Asia, Africa and the Americas. Their full service provides assistance with visa applications, setting up bank accounts & finding accommodation.

The Leap (, voted Best Gap Year Company by the Sunday Times, specialise in Volunteering, Internships, Summer Gap and Equine placements across Africa, South America and Asia. All programmes contain a unique mix of projects, locations and challenges.

Anywork Anywhere (, an international recruitment site for global travellers, backpackers and students advertise casual, seasonal and temporary job opportunities. This service is free , the site is updated daily, and there is no need to register. Simply search for jobs and apply directly to employers for job vacancies.

Global Work and Travel (, showcase over 400 world-leading programs designed to give you that travel experience to rave about. This British company rolls up all your working holiday needs into one easy solution.

Real Gap (, offer an array of working abroad programmes in Australia, New Zealand and Canada. They help you with all your paperwork, orientation and hook you up with recruiters to help you get to work and start living like a local quickly.

Teach english abroad

Go Overseas ( is an online directory of opportunities to teach, study, volunteer and intern abroad, which makes it a great resource to compare several organisations all at once. However, what sets this website out from the rest is that incorporated into the results are reviews from people who have already used the various companies. Such insight is invaluable to anyone looking to enlist an organisation to help them work abroad.

i-to-i (, not only do they offer TEFL Internships and Jobs in a variety of sought after locations, they help you get qualified too with a choice of classroom combined or online only TEFL courses that fit around your schedule. If you’re not too sure if teaching is really for you, you can try their taster TEFL’s before you buy. An internationally-recognised TEFL qualification from i-to-i will provide you with all the skills you need.

Become a ski instructor

Alltracks Academy (, run ski & snowboard instructor courses and improvement camps and off piste clinics at world class resorts for people taking a career break. The focus is on high quality, with expert tuition and comfortable, central accommodation. For ages 18-50+. ATOL bonded, Year Out group members, and participate in carbon offsetting.

Altitude Futures (, train career breakers to become a ski or snowboard instructor over a 10-week period. Over 210 hours of quality training from experienced coaches, with all course fees for both the Level 1 and 2 exams included. Trains people from ages 18 to 65. Member of BASI and the Swiss Quality Label.

EA Ski & Snowboard (, provide the only way you can combine training, instructor certifications and a guaranteed instructor job offer - all in one season!

Cover yourself

No matter where you're headed, it is always going to be important to ensure that you cover yourself for any eventualities. While you'll be having a lot of fun on your trip, things can still go wrong, unfortunately. No matter how long or how far you travel, we can provide you with cheap and comprehensive travel insurance to ensure you are properly covered - and give those who you left at home that extra peace of mind!

If you're volunteering abroad, working a ski season or travelling the world; we can provide the right level of cover to suit you and your trip.

Our backpacker insurance will also cover you for a whole range of things, not just emergencies, but also working abroad and is available for up to 2 years continual travel.

  • Covers Medical Emergencies, Cancellation & Curtailment, Lost luggage costs so you don't have to foot the bill to sort it out
  • Provides up to 2 years continual protection that can be purchased 60 days in advance and is available for anyone aged between 18 – 55 years old (inclusive)
  • Allows you to work while you travel by covering non-manual work such as; restaurant and bar work, fruit picking, volunteering, Au Pairs and many more
  • It also covers 1 trip home of up to 14 days – great if you get homesick or need to come home urgently
  • Covers student travel, stay protected on your gap year or if you're travelling for an extended period of time

For a quote from as little as 30p per day, visit our backpacker insurance page.

  • Share with friends →