Summary: Manchester Airport is likely to run out of fuel at 6pm tonight. Passengers due to fly tonight or early tomorrow morning are advised to check the status of their flights, as many may be delayed or cancelled.
- Contact their airline before travelling to the airport to check on the status of their flight
- Expect delays and be patient
- Monitor the news for any developments
How this affects our customers:
Travel Insurance - Provided your policy was purchased before the fuel shortage was announced, you will be covered by the full schedule of benefits for:
- Travel delay - you will be provided with up to £20 coverage for the first full 12 consecutive hour delay, followed by the subsequent amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits for each full 12 hours delay thereafter.
- Missed departure - you will be covered for reasonable additional accommodation and travel costs for reaching your destination if you miss the transportation you have booked.
Airport Parking - Should you need to cancel your airport parking and did not purchase a cancellation waiver when making your booking, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £5. Please note: cancellations will only be refunded if made at least 24 hours before the expected time of arrival.
Airport Hotels - You can amend or cancel a booking up to 48 hours before arrival. Depending on which hotel you book the cancellation will either be free or a fee of £15 per room will be applicable. No refunds are available if you cancel within less than 48 hours notice.
Should you need assistance in cancelling your airport parking or hotel, please call customer services on 0845 803 5434 (lines are open Monday -Friday: 9am - 5.30pm).