Comparing travel insurance polices can be time consuming, as you want to ensure that you and your family benefit from the best levels of cover, as well as the best rates.[p>
We have done the leg work for you and have compared our policies - for both price and cover - to those of other major UK travel insurance providers, including Direct Line Travel Insurance and Debenhams Holiday Insurance.
|Travel Insurance providers we have compared|
|All Clear||Debenhams||Post Office|
What to Look for When Comparing Policies
To ensure youre getting the best cover, you need to compare more than just the price. You should look to compare cover levels and excesses on the 5 areas of cover listed in the table below any decent policy will include them.
|Cover features||Cover Value||Purpose|
|Medical Expenses||Up to a minimum of £10 million
|Essential should you require medical assistance while abroad which could run into millions|
|Cancellation and curtailment cover||Up to £5,000
|If you have to cancel or cut short your holiday|
|Baggage and personal belongings cover||Up to £2,000
|Should your personal belongings be broken, lost or stolen|
|Personal liability cover||Up to a minimum of £2 million
|If you cause damage to someone else or someone else's property|
|Emergency helpline assistance||Worldwide multi-lingual assistance||If you need to go into hospital or claim for an incident, a 24 hour helpline will give you all the information you need|
Compare Travel Insurance
Essential Travel offers all of the above benefits and more. Depending on how long you are travelling for, you can select from:
- Single Trip - Protects 1 trip of up to 87 days long
- Annual Multi-Trip - Covers 12 months of unlimited trips in one transaction. Each trip can be up to 45 days long (19 days if you add winter sports)
- Backpacker - Provides up to 2 years continual protection and is available for anyone aged between 19 55 years old
Tailor your Policy
Whatever type of trip you are planning you can tailor your policy to suit your requirements. We offer additional coverage for adventures and specific types of trips with the following options available:
- Winter Sports - covers 26 winter sports, equipment, piste closures & more
- Cruise - covers missed shore trips, cabin confinment, pre-paid excusrions & more
- Business - covers your work's mobile phone or laptop with this add-on
- Weddings - cover wedding attire, photo's, rings and gifts is available if you're tying the knot overseas
- Golf - covers your equipment & pre-paid green fees
Essential Travel also provides specialist holiday insurance for over 74s.
Experts' Top Tip Superior Cover is Essential Travel's most popular and best selling insurance cover level. Take a look at the benefits with Superior cover.
If you want any further assistance to help you compare travel insurance, please do not hesitate to call us. We will do everything we can to answer your travel insurance comparison questions and help you make an informed decision on which is the best policy for you and your family.
5 Easy Steps to Book Online
Booking online is quick and easy, even for first timers. All you need to do is: