Essential Travel has launched a new travel insurance add-on which has been specifically designed for cruises and can be added to any Single or Annual travel insurance policy.
Last week, Travelmole.com reported that "Almost two million more people took a cruise holiday last year than in 2010, representing an increase in the global market of 10%, and official figures show that the UK was the second largest cruise market in the world, behind North America."
A cruise may well be a once-in-a-lifetime trip and it will certainly be a holiday to remember...but hopefully for all the right reasons. Which is why Essential Travel has introduced a Cruise Insurance Add-on that caters specifically for cruise holidays.
"People may have been saving for this holiday for years, so they will certainly be excited and have high expectations,"says Stuart Bensusan, a spokesperson for Essential Travel, "and additional cruise cover just means that they've got peace of mind that they are covered for this specific type of holiday."
Why Additional Cruise Insurance?
Cruise holidays are special. While there are still the same problems that sometimes beset other holidays, there is also a risk of:
- Delays caused by storms and bad weather
- Offshore visits missed because of bad weather
- Offshore visits missed and confined to cabin because of illness
- Additional onboard medical costs that may be incurred if you are ill during the holiday
- Loss of luggage if you have flown to a destination to set sail but your luggage hasn't arrived with you
- Missed departure
- Injury from on board sports and activities you haven't tried before
- In the worst circumstances, medical evacuation at sea
Why Essential Travel?
Essential Travel's travel insurance includes up to £10 million in Medical Cover, and £7500 for cancellation, while the Cruise Add-on also provides:
- Extended baggage cover of up to £3500 (think of all that extra evening wear you'll be carrying)
- Missed shore trips cover of up to £500
- Cabin confinement (due to illness) of up to £600
- Valuables up to £700
With online medical screening the whole process is quick, simple and easy. What's more, our customer helpline means that you will be able to get 24 hour multilingual assistance, whether you are cruising the Indian Ocean or sailing the Baltic Sea.
To find out more about Essential Travel's Cruise Cover Add-on visit www.essentialtravel.co.uk
About Essential Travel
Established in 2001, Essential Travel is one of the UK's leading online travel essentials companies. Since 2002, we've protected over 5 million holidaymakers with our fully-comprehensive, competitively-priced travel insurance, as well as providing priority access to the most sought after car parks, hotels and lounges at all major airports across the UK.
Essential Travel is now part of Holiday Extras.