In a recent survey, Essential Travel was surprised to find that although 76% of backpackers are buying travel insurance, a massive 80% of them are leaving it until a few weeks before, or even until the last minute. This means that 80% of them are leaving their flights and any pre-paid accommodation vulnerable and at risk.
Even pre-trip expenses such as visas and immunisations will be unprotected should they need to cancel their trip.
Stuart Bensusan from Essential Travel comments: "This is a trip of a lifetime and most travellers will be using their life savings to fund their flights and other expenses. It's just common sense to look at ways to protect this investment. "
Essential Travel offers three levels of travel insurance cover, with European insurance for a 18 year old starting at £55.97 for a 3 month policy, and £89.61 for a world wide policy, based on our Standard policy.
- Up to £5,000,000 medical expenses to cover you for unexpected illness or accident
- Up to £2,500 if you need to cancel your trip
- Up to £500 missed departure cover
- Up to £1,500 baggage and personal effects
- Manual working holiday cover so you can top up your travel fund as you go - whether you want to pull pints in Sydney or teach English in Peru
- Up to 2 years of cover
- One trip home included to give peace of mind in case you need to break your journey
- A wide host of sports included - from camel riding to scuba diving
- 24 hour emergency assistance based on our Essential Plus policy
Essential Travel is currently slashing their backpacker insurance rates by 15%, as well as giving away a free downloadable Backpackers Bible, featuring tips and advice for anyone about to embark on a backpacking adventure, and available to download free of charge from:www.essentialtravel.co.uk/travelinsurance/backpacker-giveaway.asp
About Essential Travel
Established in 2001, Essential Travel is one of the UK's leading online travel essentials companies. Since 2002, we've protected over 5 million holidaymakers with our fully-comprehensive, competitively-priced travel insurance, as well as providing priority access to the most sought after car parks, hotels and lounges at all major airports across the UK.
Essential Travel is now part of Holiday Extras.