With Gatsby madness currently in the air, glamour is the thing on everyones minds - and what could be more glamorous than going on holiday...once youve passed the queues, driven to the car park and transferred to the terminal! But, there are methods to turn even these into a special occasion. Leading online provider of airport hotels and airport parking, Essential Travel, reveals three ways you can add a touch of class and charisma to the usually drab airport experience.
1. Stay At An Airport Hotel The Night Before
Dodge that early morning drive and instead arrive at your hotel the night before so you can relax over a swim and chill in the hot tub, followed by dinner and some wine. Therell be plenty of time the next day to choose the right outfit for your flight and arrive in style. Choose an airport hotel known for both style and substance for the ultimate glamorous experience. Essential Travel recommends:
- The Radisson Blu at Stansted, where rooms have varied colour schemes in contemporary chic decor to promote different moods: The Urban Style Rooms feature warm red colour tones and wood finishes. Soothing blues and greens create an inviting and restful environment in the Ocean Style Rooms. The playful Chili Style Rooms welcome guests with vibrant colours and innovative furniture designs. £96 for a double room on 2/6/13.
- The Sofitel Terminal 5 at Heathrow, the only 5* Heathrow hotel. Elegant, sophisticated and famous for its fantastic spa with Turkish baths and restaurant menu by Albert Roux. Whats more, it is connected to Terminal 5 by a covered walkway, which means no hassle getting to check in any time of day. £133 on 2/6/13.
- The 4* Felbridge Hotel and Spa deluxe at Gatwick with its Bay Tree Restaurant, 2 AA Rosette Anise Fine Dining Restaurant, sophisticated QUBE Bar and Chakra Spa. Only eight miles from the airport. £89 on 2/6/13.
2. Dont Let A Hair Get Out Of Place With Meet And Greet Parking
With Meet and Greet parking theres no need to worry about struggling into that parking space after two hours of driving, or negotiating airport bus transfers with bulky cases or moaning children. A driver will meet you at the airport and whisk your car away to a safe and secure parking area while you just walk on into the terminal. Essential Travel suggests you give the chauffeur a call when you get off the plane and by the time you pick up your bags, your chauffeur and your car will be waiting for you outside the terminal, so you can drive straight home with no fuss. Essential Travel have a Super Saver Luton Meet and Greet at £61.99, only £10 more than traditional airport parking, but so much more convenient. Search for Meet and Greet parking.
3. Charm Over Cocktails At An Airport Lounge
Escape the very unglamorous airport crowds with an airport lounge. Airport lounges often offer customer service that can help you deal with delays and seating changes, as well as complimentary soft and alcoholic drinks, snacks and light meals and a wide selection of international newspapers, magazines and TV. They also offer the usual business facilities including work stations, charging facilities and wifi...just in case you want to share your glamorous escape on Facebook.
- Gatwick: The No.1 Gatwick lounge is £55 for 2 people which includes a champagne cocktail, a cinema and games room, power showers and the travel spa (treatments extra).
- Heathrow: The No.1 Lounge which boasts the same facilities is £70 for two.
- Manchester: The Escape Lounge. Kick back and relax with Wii games. From £17.49.
The No.1 Lounges can also be found at Birmingham and Stansted. You can book your airport lounge for these and other airports at: www.essentialtravel.co.uk/airportlounges.
About Essential Travel
Established in 2001, Essential Travel is one of the UK's leading online travel essentials companies. Since 2002, we've protected over 5 million holidaymakers with our fully-comprehensive, competitively-priced travel insurance, as well as providing priority access to the most sought after car parks, hotels and lounges at all major airports across the UK.
Essential Travel is now part of Holiday Extras.