Cheap Car Hire in the USA
- Driving Side: You'll be driving on the right-hand side of the road.
- Speed Limit: The general speed limit is 45 kph on urban roads, 120 kph on motorways, and 80 kph on open roads.
- Driver Requirements: All drivers must be over 18, and have their driver's license on them at ALL times.
- Unlimited Mileage included in standard rates
- Collision Damage Waiver included in standard rates
- All local taxes and Airport Surcharges included in standard rates
- Theft Protection and Liability Cover included in rates
- 24 hour Breakdown Assistance
Driving in the USA
American roads are well maintained and your driving experience is likely to be very similar to that of driving in any of England's big cities. Traffic is dependant on which city you're in, for example, in New York, traffic is exceedingly heavy, whereas smaller states like Indiana will have less busy roads.
Americans are notorious for travelling well over the speed limit, so if you're feeling a little nervous regarding driving on the right-hand side of the road, rather plan out your route beforehand. This will help you to avoid areas with heavy traffic.
Driving under the influence of alcohol is strictly illegal, so is using a mobile phone while driving. If you are caught with a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of 0.04 mg or while texting in traffic, you will face serious fines.