Just as the nation debates the merits and demerits of the new over the counter fat-busting drug Alli, the world's favourite (!) budget airline, Ryanair, announces the results of a passenger surcharge poll. The final results ...?
- *29% - Excess fees for very overweight passengers,
- *25% - â¬1 for toilet paper with O Leary's face on it,
- *24% - â¬3 to smoke in a converted toilet cubicle,
- *14% - Annual subscription to access Ryanair.com,
- *8% - â¬2 "corkage" fee for passengers who bring their own food onboard.
So fat tax - to coin a phrase - comes out top. But as Ryanair now polls as to how the tax could be applied, perhaps more interesting, is Ryanair's claim that over 100,000 of us actually voted.
There's no point dwelling on the audacity of a company asking its customers how they'd like to be ripped off - Ryanair pulls this kind of stunt all the time - but how did over 100,000 people think it was a good idea to go along with it? Or maybe they didn't ...?more blog posts