Winter Airport Parking Tips
If youâre planning on escaping the cold UK winter for some winter sun abroad or visiting family over the festive season, as you get ready for your great escape, hereâs our top tips for winter airport parking.
1. Pre-book a Meet and Greet Service
Meet and Greet Parking is the easiest way to park at the airport, and cheaper than you think, to enjoy this hassle free service, pre-booking is a must! This service allows you to drop your car off at the departure drop off, a chauffeur will then drive your car to a secure car park. Upon return, call the driver once you land who will meet you outside the terminal with your car.
Choose a M&G service if you want to:
- Check-in within minutes of arriving at the airport
- Avoid waiting for transfer buses in the cold weather
- Forget about worrying if your car battery dies someone will start it for you
- Skip the fuss of carrying ski equipment and heavy luggage - great for families with young children and the elderly
- Enjoy a speedy hassle free trip home from the airport
2. Take out cancellation waiver
During the winter months anything can happen - you may be the victim of a delayed or cancelled flight - it is worth taking out a cancellation waiver.
For only 50p the cancellation waiver enables you to:
- Cancel your booking up to 24 hours before
- Avoid paying the Â£5 cancellation fee if the worst case scenario happens
Simply tick the box marked 'Cancellation Waiver' on the payment details page during booking.
3. Store parking bookings on your phone
Travelling with a smartphone? You can now store your parking booking to Passbook on the iPhone (it must have iOS6) or Passwallet for Android devices.
Having your booking saved in Passbook / PassWallet allows you to:
- Forget about printing your confirmation - it will be stored on your phone
- Receive an automatic update, as you near the airport
- Locate the car park in your maps app by clicking on the address
4. Enjoy our new mobile friendly booking system
Booking your airport parking on your mobile is now even easier thanks to our new mobile friendly booking system.
The mobile booking system allows you to:
- Pre-book on your way to the airport up to 1 hr before your arrival
- Save on average 50% on the turn up rate
- Choose Meet & Greet or Park and Ride services
- Guarantee your space in the car park of your choice -a must when travelling during busy times like Christmas
- Receive your booking confirmation instantly
5. Leave early
The winter conditions mean a journey can take a lot longer than normal, we advise you to leave early and drive safely so you arrive with enough time to park your car and board your flight stress free.
6. Long drive or early flight - book an Airport Hotel
If you have a long drive to the airport or an early flight avoid the stress of getting up early and be guaranteed to be at the airport on time whatever the weather by staying in an Airport Hotel the night before.
Book an Airport Hotel if you want to:
- Start your holiday a day early
- Wake up minutes from the airport terminal
- Enjoy quick transfer times
- Choose from 300 hotels at 25 UK airports
- Add parking or not, you choose!
Experts Top Tip: A combined airport parking and hotel stay may actually work out cheaper than official parking at the airport - look out for our Parking and Hotel Packages.get a quote â
Find out more about our Top 10 Winter Car Kits - everything you need to keep in your car for your winter journey