Passbook and PassWallet: User Guide
- By: Steve Smith
What is Passbook and passWallet?
Passbook is the latest feature to come from Apple when it updated its software to iOS6. You can also download the free PassWallet app if you use an Android device. These apps are unique folders that appear on your phone which act as an electronic wallet. It allows you to flip through any type of 'ticket' - boarding passes, airport parking and hotel booking confirmations, film tickets, vouchers, loyalty cards - without needing to print any documents or remember where you've put them.
- For iOS6 compatible devices (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 4th and 5th generation) - use Passbook, which comes with updating your software
- For Android devices - download PassWallet
What are the Benefits of using Passbook / PassWallet?
Essential Travel make it that much easier for you to manage your bookings.
- Forget about printing your booking confirmation or searching through all your emails
- All your bookings are easily stored in one place - allowing for a truly stress-free start to your trip
- Receive an automatic update, similar to a text, as your booking date nears - a great reminder to call that Meet and Greet service
- Automatically displays your booking details as you near the airport
- Locate the car park in your maps app by clicking on the address
How does Essential Travel use it?
Essential Travel is now compatible with Passbook and PassWallet. All email confirmations received on either your iOS6 updated iPhone or your Android device with PassWallet (free download available) will be available to access on your phone. When you get a confirmation email from us on your phone and all you will need to do is:
- Click on the 'Add to Phone' button
- Navigate to the Essential Travel folder within Passbook / PassWallet
- Find your booking within Passbook / PassWallet
- Tap the 'i' (Passbook) or 'Menu' 'Flip' (PassWallet) to reveal more booking information